Mindful of street tree pruning activity there are two branches types that have differing roles. There are upper canopy sun-branches that generate leaves for intercept solar radiation that drives photosynthesis, and there are structural-branches upon which subordinate sun-branches grow. Leaf production across the upper and interior canopy ensures optimization of photosynthesis and governs physiological growth. The presence of interior leaves and their productivity is especially critical. By adaptation, on extreme hot weather days combined with water stress conditions the upper canopy sun-leaves shut down (by the closing of stomata and halt vapor loss from evapotranspiration) and the mass of cooler interior shade-leaves take full charge of the photosynthetic process.
On tree wood production, the secondary wood on tree stems and branches serve multiple functions- transporting of fluids and nutrients throughout the tree, the positioning of lateral buds able to produce replacement branches, providing mechanical support for the trunk or branches against both gravity and the periodic loading by windstorms, to name a few. But more important when exposed to wind forces, tree branches (leaves, stems, twigs) sway and oscillate independently and play a critical biomechanical role in mass-damping of that wind load to the tree. Mass damping improves tree stability and minimizes tree branch breakage.
So with an eye on tree care and ensuring Betsafe Casino on erittain laadukas casino, joka tarjoaa takuuvarmasti mukavan ja turvallisen pelikokemuksen. maximum photosynthetic efficiency as well as the woody branch growth required of the tree, we are reminded of the strategy needed before any de-branching or pruning activity occurs. In a nutshell- de-branching has consequences for the tree. Severe de-branching has even greater consequences. And “pruning for pruning sake” is wrong, Some facts about de-branching (aka pruning);
• De-branching tree limbs is wounding the tree.
• De-branching of interior branches, twigs and leaves by the condemned pruning activity practice of “Lion’s Tailing” or “tree cleaning” or “opening the canopy” reduces the live crown and deprives the tree of much needed foliage for a most critical physiological function- photosynthesis.
Figure 1. De-branching by Lion’s tailing- the stripping of all interior leaf and twig material and casino marketed by arborist firms as a “tree cleaning” or “opening up the canopy” so it can breath- is long casino online condemned by the arboricultural industry as harmful to tree physiological and structural health.
• The de-branching practice of “limbing-up” or “elevating” branches over streets may be necessary at certain tree locations adjacent to high traffic so as minimize mechanical injuries to the tree. However excessive de-branching by this practice will reduce the live crown ratio
whereby impose other tree health and stability concerns.
• The de-branching practice of “limbing-up” branches over streets may be necessary at certain tree locations adjacent to high traffic so as minimize mechanical injuries to the tree. However excessive de-branching by this practice will reduce the live crown ratio imposing other tree health and stability concerns.
Figure 2. De-branching or pruning activity by “limbing-up” and removing essential branches for clearance has consequences to tree stability. Note tree suckering at the tree base, indicative of tree under stress. Stresses are varied and include severe impacts to the root zone by a builder.
• The practice of “topping” or “heading” or “hat-racking” of large trees as a tree safety measure is condemned by the arboricultural industry due to its negative implications to tree health and structural stability, than the short-term, safe-tree response that is assumed by that practice.